The Samaritan Medical Center Auxiliary is an organization of approximately 150 men and women dedicated to serving the needs of Samaritan Medical Center, Samaritan Keep Home and Samaritan Summit Village. The Auxiliary has proudly served these institutions since 1896 and has been a major contributor of volunteer time and financial resources to the hospital and nursing homes. The Auxiliary manages and operates the gift shops at all three locations, as well as the Starbucks coffee shop in the main lobby of Samaritan Medical Center.
The gift shops, Starbucks, exclusive fundraisers and Auxiliary membership dollars contribute to the success of the Auxiliary. Popular events such as ‘One Night, One Diamond‘ have been tremendously successful, as well as book sales, uniform sales, and more.
In 2010, the Auxiliary pledged $750,000 dollars to the Capital Campaign, “Advancing Healthcare – Close to Home,” which helped build a new addition to the main hospital. In 2012, the Auxiliary helped purchase a new security system called ‘HUGS’ for the new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Maternity Place and Pediatric Unit. Most recently, in 2018, the Auxiliary proudly sponsored the new Walker Center for Cancer Care with at $500,000 gift.
No matter which project we support, we are here to enhance the care of our patients and residents.
Samaritan Auxiliary 2019 Highlights:
- Proceeds from the 2019 One Night, One Diamond are purchasing a tissue tracker for tissue implants, as well as an Oncologic Navigation System to help manage the continuum of care for oncology patients at the Walker Center for Cancer Care at Samaritan Medical Center.
- Managed the Auxiliary Gift Shop and Starbucks Coffee Shop.
- Continued support of our youngest patients in the Emergency Department and Surgical Care Center with stuffed animals, coloring books and crayons.
- Continued our Pledge Commitment of $500,000 to the Walker Center for Cancer Care.
- Provided two $1,500 scholarships to Samaritan employees to further their education.
- Continued to fund and provide tours at Samaritan Medical Center to 400 second-graders of Jefferson County.
- Trained 76 new volunteers for SMC, SKH and SSV, including college students and teen volunteers.
- Provided a flower for each resident’s birthday and 17 Watertown Daily Times newspapers daily for patients at SMC.
- Supported our WHALE (We Have A Little Emergency) child safety seat ID program and That’s Using Your Head, a helmet ID safety program, in conjunction with our Kinney Drugs Foundation partner and 7News/Fox28/MeTV North Country media partner.
The Samaritan Auxiliary Board
Berline Dodard – President
Shawna Cutuli – Vice President
Linda Buker – Secretary
Maryann Rondon – Treasurer
Melissa Schmitt – Assistant Treasurer
Christine Cisco – Immediate Past President
Kathryn Ann Kolton
How To Become A Member
Becoming a member of the Auxiliary is a simple way to become invested in the healthcare of our region. Samaritan Auxiliary membership is easy to do and offers benefits, such as a 10% discount in the gift shop and attendance to the annual meeting in May. Our memberships include a monetary donation, as well as the gift of your time.
- $200 – Lifetime Member fee
- $15 – Annual Regular Membership
- $5 – Annual Senior Membership
- Simply giving your time to volunteer makes you a member of the Auxiliary. Learn more about becoming a volunteer.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out the form below and then mail a check made payable to “The Samaritan Auxiliary” to:
20989 Storrs Rd.
Sackets Harbor, NY 13685
Attn: Samaritan Auxiliary