Interventional Radiology & Interventional Oncology
Interventional radiology is a medical sub-specialty of radiology utilizing minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system. Interventional oncology is a subspecialty field of interventional radiology that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and cancer-related problems using targeted minimally invasive procedures performed under image guidance.
Sima Banerjee, MD is our Director of Interventional Radiology & Interventional Oncology. Dr. Banerjee specializes in using advanced, image-guided techniques to treat our patients.
Dr. Banerjee is board-certified by the American Board of Radiology and completed the ACGME-accredited vascular and interventional radiology fellowship at UAB Hospital.
Dr. Banerjee will be offering comprehensive services to treat many conditions in many respective areas including:
- Osteoporosis Kyphoplasty
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Varicocele Embolization
- Tumor Ablation
- Chemoembolization for liver tumors and liver metastasis
- Ports – Vascular access for Chemotherapy
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt or TIPS
- Balloon-occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration (BRTO)
- Portal Hypertension
- Biliary Obstruction/Jaundice
- Stone Disease/Ureteral Stenting