Interventional Radiology & Oncology
Interventional radiology is a medical sub-specialty of radiology utilizing minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system. Interventional oncology is a subspecialty field of interventional radiology that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and cancer-related problems using targeted minimally invasive procedures performed under image guidance.
Sima Banerjee, MD, is our Director of Interventional Radiology & Interventional Oncology. Dr. Banerjee specializes in using advanced, image-guided techniques to treat our patients.
Dr. Banerjee is board-certified by the American Board of Radiology and completed the ACGME-accredited vascular and interventional radiology fellowship at UAB Hospital.
Dr. Banerjee will be offering comprehensive services to treat many conditions in many respective areas including:
– Osteoporosis Kyphoplasty
– Uterine Fibroid Embolization
– Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
– Varicocele Embolization
– Tumor Ablation
– Chemoembolization for liver tumors and liver metastasis
– Port — Vascular access for Chemotherapy
– Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt or TIPS
– Balloon-occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration (BRTO)
– Portal Hypertension
– Biliary Obstruction/Jaundice
– Stone Disease/Ureteral Stenting