Samaritan Home Health provides skilled nursing and therapy services in patients’ homes throughout Jefferson County, NY. This comfortable alternative to inpatient care allows people to recover from an accident or illness in a familiar environment surrounded by family and friends.
Once a doctor has determined that Home Health is an appropriate option, we will send an experienced registered nurse to a patient’s home to develop a plan that addresses specific care needs and considerations. The nurse will teach the patient and family members how they can contribute to the recovery in addition to providing the specialized nursing care each patient needs. The RN will visit regularly and keep doctors informed of progress or any changes in your condition.
Samaritan Home Health will also arrange for any additional help such as a physical therapist or a home health aide.
Home Care Services can:
- Prevent future hospitalizations
- Allow patients to remain in a familiar setting
- Reduce the need for nursing home placement
- Provide access to a registered nurse 24 hours/7 days a week
Learn more about the impacts of our Telehealth program with Samaritan Home Health Services
Watch one of our patient testimonials.
Samaritan Home Health Care Agency can provide clinical assistance, help patients navigate the insurance process and more.
What Home Health services do you provide? Close
- Home health aides
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Medical social worker
- Case management
- Chronic disease management and education
Nursing Services include:
- Diabetes education
- Wound care
- Home IV therapy
- Medication monitoring
- Cardiopulmonary assessments
Who is eligible for care? Close
In order to receive care, a patient must:
- Be a resident of Jefferson County
- Be under a physician’s care who is licensed in New York State
- Be willing to have Samaritan personnel come into the home
- Have a health condition that requires skilled nursing and/or physical therapy
What insurance do you accept? Close
As a Certified Home Health Agency, Samaritan is able to bill all insurance claims directly to include:
- Private insurances
Who can provide referrals for Samaritan Home Health? Close
Referrals are accepted from:
- Doctors’ offices
- Nursing homes
- Rehab facilities