Outpatient Mental Health
Our clinic treats adults and children for both psychiatric and psychotherapy services. These services include, but are not limited to:
• Individual counseling
• Couples counseling (where there is one identified client)
• Family counseling
• Play therapy
• Sexual abuse counseling
Common diagnoses include:
• Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and other disruptive behavior disorders
• Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
• Mood disorders including depression
• Bipolar Disorder
• Anxiety disorders
• Sleep disorders
• Impulse control disorders
• Personality disorders
• Problems with adjustment to stressful life circumstances
What to expect:
An initial evaluation is often followed by a psychiatric assessment with a treatment plan. In addition to individual psychotherapy, groups are offered at the clinic and address a variety of topics such as anger management, anxiety management, social skills training, and coping with co-dependency. Groups are ever changing to meet the needs of the client population.
Children are always evaluated in the context of their families and with input from their schools and involved agencies, using a systems approach. Treatment providers often communicate with the primary care provider, medical specialists, other mental health treatment providers, and case managers to provide comprehensive care to the patients served at the clinic.
Samaritan is a licensed clinic, and operates under the Office of Mental Health’s regulatory sanctions.