What to Expect: Delivering Your Baby at Samaritan During COVID-19 Restrictions
Published on: March 24, 2020
Are you getting ready to deliver your baby at Samaritan?
Among all the precautionary measures in place to protect our patients and staff from COVID-19, here are some things you should know about delivering your baby:
- Please use Samaritan’s Car-Freshner Center for Women and Children entrance for all maternity-related visits.
- You will be screened and have your temperature taken before you enter the unit.
- We cannot allow any of your children on the unit during these restrictive visitor procedures.
- You are only able to bring one (1) support person, age 18 or older, with you for your delivery, and this person must stay in the room with you at all times. Only patients determined to be in labor will be able to have their support person with them. Until a patient is deemed to be in labor, the support person will be asked to wait outside the facility. A dedicated parking lot for maternity patients and their support person is located on the corner of Sherman and Pratt Streets.
- If you are pregnant, but having a non-obstetrics emergency, please use the Emergency Department entrance so they can care for you.
We look forward to helping you make this time a special one for your family and the safest possible experience for you and your newborn.