Winter Weather Information
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued Winter Storm and High Wind Watches, as a strong winter storm system is expected to bring hazardous conditions including potentially significant amounts of snow, high winds and dangerously cold temperatures between Thursday evening, 12/22/22 and Monday morning, 12/26/22.
We do expect that a “No Unnecessary Travel” advisory will go into effect at some point. As a reminder, healthcare employees (all of us that work at Samaritan) are considered essential, the “No Unnecessary Travel” advisories do not apply to us – when traveling to and from work.
As we have prepared for the impending holiday storm, we want you to have the following information as you prepare for any shifts you are scheduled to work this weekend:
- Transportation Issues
- If you have challenges with transportation to work, please call the facility specific staffing office. We will have some limited volunteers that will be available to give people rides within the City of Watertown.
- SMC Staffing Office – 315-785-4067
- SKH Staffing Office – 315-778-7840
- SSV Staffing Office – 315-777-6492
- For those outside the City of Watertown, you can call Yellow Cab and they will provide transportation. Their number is 315-782-2121.
- There will be beds available at all 3 facilities for those who feel they may not be able to travel safely home.
- If you are able to arrive to work prior to your scheduled shift – please do so.
- Meals will be available in all 3 facilities.