The Samaritan Summit Village provides multiple levels of support for the local senior population, including an entirely new level of care for the community – assisted living. For those who need some help with activities of daily living, but do not need continuous nursing care, assisted living offers independence and added privacy.
Samaritan Summit Village
22691 Campus Drive
Watertown, NY 13601
*please note that service like Google Maps and Yahoo might not send you to the right location because our road and facility are so new.
From Route 81 North or South – take exit 44 towards Watertown Center and head towards Watertown. At the end of 232, take a left onto Route 11/Outer Washington St. Take right turn onto Summit Drive. Take a left on to Summit Drive Blvd, then take a right on to Campus Drive - follow this road to the location.
From within the Watertown city limits – go to Washington Street, and head out of city to Outer Washington Street. Go pass the High School and several complexes until you reach Summit Drive. Take a left on to Summit Drive. Take a left on to Summit Drive Blvd, then take a right on to Campus Drive - follow this road to the location.
View our Resident Activity Calendars for this month:
This facility is new to the county and there are many questions to be answered, below are some documents that will help:
The facility will have 120 assisted living beds and 168 nursing home beds, to create a continuum of care for our community.
The continuum of care includes:
Assisted Living Program (ALP):
This program provides nursing care, home care, personal care and meals for residents that require services above and beyond what is typically provided while living in the community. The program may be an alternative to nursing home care.
Enhanced Assisted Living Residence (EALR):
The enhanced assisted living program offers an advanced level of care to serve people who wish to remain in their residence, adding services as they develop age related difficulties. This is commonly referred to as "Aging in Place."
Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF):
A skilled nursing facility is a health care facility providing 24- hour nursing care as well as other services in a home-like environment.
Services provided at the Samaritan Summit Village include:
As part of the overall design, the Samaritan Summit Village will feature a home-like environment that is flexible. This will enable residents to easily transition from assisted living to nursing home care as they require a higher level of support. Throughout the design, the emphasis is on the residents. Services will be brought to them, rather than requiring residents go to the services – a design feature that improves efficiency and will give the staff more time to devote to the residents and their needs.
Highlights of the Summit Village Design:
- Resident centered Care which places an emphasis upon the needs, habits, goals, likes and dislikes of the resident rather than the systematization of care to achieve maximum efficiency
- Residential-style dining rooms for small groups of people versus a larger, institutional-type cafeteria setting
- Use of softer materials, such as carpeting versus tiled floors; less glaring paint colors to help aging eyes see objects and surfaces better, and wood railings versus those made of hard plastic or metal
- Flexible food service that is prepared on residents' schedules and that fits different lifestyles
- More abundant, but smaller "common rooms" that give residents areas for various activities such as reading, computer use, or conversation as opposed to one less intimate large common area
- Resident privacy – the resident rooms are designed to maximize privacy
Learn more about our Admission Process, if you are interested in applying for residency for yourself or a loved one at the Samaritan Summit Village. If you need further assistance please call us at 315-785-4404 or use our Contact Us form.
If you are interested in making a difference in giving back to the residents of your community through volunteering at this new facility, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 315-782-7008.