Samaritan Under Visitor Restrictions
The Samaritan Health System is currently under visitor restrictions. These restrictions are in compliance with the New York State Department of Health as a precaution to prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Restrictions: Samaritan Medical Center
Routine visiting will be suspended at Samaritan Medical Center until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community. Visitors who pass a screening process will be allowed in based on the exception list outlined below.
- Obstetric patients:
- Limit one (1) partner or support person for a patient in labor.
- Essential to the patient’s care throughout labor, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period, including recovery. This will be the ONLY person allowed to be present during the patient’s care.
- Must remain in the patient room at all times for the duration of the hospital stay.
- Click here for more information.
- Pediatric Patients / Neonatal Intensive Care:
- Limit one (1) parent or guardian essential to care in the emergency room.
- For hospitalized patients, two (2) may be designated but ONLY ONE support person may be present at a time.
- Imminent Death / End-of-Life situations:
- One (1) family member and/or legal representative at bedside.
- May designate up to two (2) support people but ONLY ONE may be present at a time.
- Patients undergoing outpatient surgery, procedures, lab, radiology or rehabilitation:
- Patient only will be allowed in the building.
- Support person will be asked to wait in the care and only be allowed to accompany the patient if needed to participate in the patient’s care.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD), and patients with cognitive impairments including dementia:
- The patient or caregiver may designate up to two (2) support people, but ONLY ONE support person at a time will be allowed in the emergency department and during hospitalization.
- Restrictive policy includes Samaritan employees that have family members who are in the hospital.
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) or COVID-19 positive patients (unless at end of life).
- Entrance will be limited to ensure appropriate screening can occur for the visitors in the exception list.
- Cafeteria use is for Samaritan employees only.
Restrictions: Samaritan Summit Village and Samaritan Keep Home
All visitors are restricted from entering Samaritan Summit Village and Samaritan Keep Home. Non-essential appointments will be rescheduled and activities will be held only on floors and limited in size.
We are asking that all outings with friends and families be postponed until further notice. During this time, please consider using the phone, email, or video chat to communicate with your loved ones. We take these extra precautions, as many other organizations have, in hopes they will stop the spread of illness.
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time. If you have any further questions, please call 315-782-6800 or 315-782-7022. Thank you.
We thank you for your cooperation and support as we look out for the safety of our patients, staff and community.