Samaritan Under Visitor Restrictions
Published on: October 26, 2020
The Samaritan Health System is currently under visitor restrictions. These restrictions are in compliance with the New York State Department of Health as a precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Restrictions: Samaritan Medical Center
Routine visiting at Samaritan Medical Center is suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community. No patient entering the hospital will be allowed a visitor unless they meet the following criteria:
- A support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient (medically necessary), including patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and patients with cognitive impairments including dementia.
- The patient is under the age of 18.
- Please know that any patient with COVID-19 symptoms must be tested and have a negative result, before a support person or visitor is allowed.
Limited visitation is allowed for the following circumstances:
- One partner (support person) and/or doula is allowed per patient in active labor and may stay throughout labor, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period, including recovery. The support person and doula are the only guests allowed to be present during the patient’s care.
- These visitors must enter through the Car-Freshner Center for Women and Children entrance (on Sherman Street).
Patients under the age of 18:
- One parent or guardian essential to patient care may enter for any surgical visit, outpatient visit, emergency department visit or hospitalization.
- During a hospitalization, two support people may be delegated, but only one may be present at a time.
Nursery/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients:
- Both birth parent(s) may enter the NICU during admission and at discharge. At all other times, only one parent may be present at a time.
- Visitors must enter through the Car-Freshner Center for Women and Children entrance (on Sherman Street).
- One family member and/or legal or pastoral representative is allowed at the bedside.
- Two support people may be delegated, but only one at a time may enter.
- Visitors must enter through the Rotunda entrance.
Surgical patients are not able to have visitors; they must enter through Main entrance and their support person will be kept in close communication throughout their procedure.
No visitors will be allowed in rooms of COVID-19 Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) or COVID-19 positive patients, unless at end-of-life.
No other visitors will be allowed at Samaritan Medical Center at this time.
Restrictions: Samaritan Summit Village and Samaritan Keep Home
- Limited visitation at Samaritan Keep Home and Samaritan Summit Village depends on the latest test results at each facility. Please click here for updates.
We thank you for your cooperation and support as we look out for the safety of our patients, staff and community.