Samaritan recognizes the importance of investing in their leaders through leadership development. The EXCEL (Excellence in Collaboration, Education & Leadership) Program was launched in 2010 to develop effective leaders within Samaritan who create and promote an engaged workforce and a culture of excellence. The EXCEL program focuses on the following leadership competencies:
- Selecting Talent
- Delegating Responsibility
- Meeting Leadership
- Building Successful Teams
- Communicating with Impact
- Building Organizational Talent
- Facilitating Change / Change Leadership
- Project & Program Management
- Aligning Individual & Team Performance
The EXCEL Program will:
- Enable leaders to learn practical leadership skills which can be implemented within their departments.
- Provide opportunities for personal and professional growth and development while measuring organizational progression toward improved employee and patient/resident engagement.
- Foster an atmosphere of mentorship.
- Support the Mentoring Program and the New Leader Onboarding Program.
- Create team-building through shared experiences.
- Support Samaritan’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Support Samaritan’s strategic goals.