Samaritan offers physical therapy services for inpatients and outpatients. Physical therapy helps individuals regain function through strengthening and re-educating weak muscles, increasing joint motion, and restoring flexibility, coordination and mobility. Our staff is well trained and well equipped to provide the personalized care each patient needs.
Outpatient physical therapy staff provide services that relieve pain, strengthen muscles, improve mobility, restore function, and prevent or limit further physical disability.
If you are scheduled for or considering Knee or Hip Replacement Surgery, you are invited to attend Samaritan's JOINT CAMP! Members of Samaritan's Surgical, Nursing, Physical & Occupational Therapy Team and North Country Orthopaedic Group providers will present information on a variety of topics and concerns. There is no cost to attend JOINT CAMP, learn more by clicking here.
We Provide specialized treatment for all areas of the body; but also have staff that have additional training and certification in:
- McKenzie Back Program
- Advanced Wound Care
- Lymphedema and post-cancer care
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- UVB Treatment for psoriasis
- Training and teaching in the use of adaptive equipment for work or home (ergonomic assessment)
- Exercise programming for strength, endurance, motion, flexibility, and coordination
Diagnoses served may include but are not limited to:
- Brachial Plexus injuries
- Neurologic Dysfunction
- Care following orthopaedic or general surgery (THA, TKA, Rotator Cuff repair)
- Work Related injuries
- Rotator Cuff injuries
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunctions
- Spinal Cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain/Head injuries, Strokes, and Concussion Syndrome
- Back and Neck conditions or injuries
- Vestibular Dysfunction (vertigo)
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Axillary Web Syndrome
- Psoriasis, Vitiligo, and Atopic Dermatitis
Samaritan provides a comprehensive Wound Management Program that includes a Wound Care Certified clinician. Learn more about our Wound Care Center as well.
Wound diagnoses served may include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic Injuries
- Venous Stasis Wounds
- Diabetic Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
- Skin Tears
- Radiation Burns
- Wound Vac Therapy
- Compression Therapy
- We gladly accept referrals from Tricare and Martin's Point, on Physical, Occupational, Speech and Lymphedema Therapies, for our military community and dependents.
- Save time and have your patient forms filled out before your appointment. Print out forms below, fill in information, and bring with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Please plan on arriving 30 minutes early to Registration, prior to your first scheduled therapy appointment. Our Registration area is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Please bring with you to the first scheduled therapy appointment: the order for therapy from your doctor, your insurance card, photo ID, and medication list.
You may contact the Rehabilitation Services Department by calling 315-785-4088.
For those patients admitted into the hospital, physical therapy services may include:
- Assessment of bed mobility, transfers, ambulation, and stairs
- Manual Therapy
- Balance Activities
- Gait Training
- Pain Control
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Home Safety Evaluations
- Wound and Burn Care