The Pain Management Center combines specialties to offer a multidisciplinary approach in treating chronic pain. Samaritan’s anesthesiologists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physical therapists and social workers work together to provide the most comprehensive care available. Our primary goal is to help you manage your pain and resume a more productive life by helping to:
- Diminish pain perceptions and intensity
- Improve and increase activity level
- Improve vocational status
- Increase the likelihood of return to work
- Provide support for patient and family
The Pain Management Center is a partnership between Samaritan Medical Center and Jefferson Anesthesiologist Services.
What treatments and procedures do you perform? Close
Treatments & Procedures
- Diagnostic discography
- Facet joint injections
- Intra-discal electro thermal therapy
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Celiac plexus blocks for abdominal pain
- Ganglion Blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Intercostal nerve blocks
- Blood patch
- Illioinguinal nerve block
- Femoral nerve block
- Occipital nerve block
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Ankle block
- Botox Injections for migraines
- Physical therapy
- Psychological therapy
Do I need a referral? Close
Samaritan Medical Center’s Pain Management Center only accepts appointments by a doctor’s referral for a patient. If you feel you would benefit from this service, please discuss this with your personal physician, such as your primary care doctor.
If you have received a referral from your physician, he or she must call the Jefferson Anesthesiologist Services to set up an appointment for you.
Are you covered by my insurance? Close
Most major insurances recognize the treatment for chronic pain syndromes. However, we suggest you check with your individual insurance carrier to ensure coverage.