Awards & Memberships
Samaritan Medical Center and its affiliates are proud to support local, state and national organizations and groups. Additionally, staff and physicians work diligently to achieve recognition, certification and accreditation by well-respected professional organizations, many of which require rigorous surveys and inspections in order to accomplish these achievements.
Professional Accreditations/Certifications Close
- The Joint Commission
- American College of Radiology (Mammography, MRI, Ultrasound)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Blue Distinction Plus Awards for Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) – Patient Centered Medical Home Level III status was awarded to the LeRay Family Practice, Plaza Family Practice, Lacona Family Practice, and Clayton Family Practice
- New York State Department of Health
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- Samaritan Medical Center and the office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Counsel for Continuing Medical Education (CCME) as a Category 1 CME Sponsor.
- American Hospital Association
- Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Iroquois Healthcare Alliance – Central New York Region
- Leading Age
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management – Membership group of the American Hospital Association (AHA) focusing on developing and implementing safe and effective patient care practices, the preservation of financial resources and the maintenance of safe working environments. Member since 2011.
- Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York – Committed to healthcare risk management and patient safety in New York. Member since 2012.
- ECRI Institute – ECRI Institute is an independent, nonprofit organization that researches the best approaches to improving the safety, quality, and cost-effectiveness of patient care.
- Association of Healthcare Philanthropy
- Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Northern New York-Fort Drum Chapter, Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Fort Drum Regional Liaison Organization