News & Events
Clifton-Fine Hospital Under Visitor Restrictions
The health and safety of our patients, families, and employees have always been our top priority. We would like you to know that we are continuously monitoring and assessing the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking important measures to keep our communities safe. With the recent developments around the COVID-19, we would like to share our strategy with you.
We are following the current CDC recommendations. Also, we have increased cleaning and disinfecting of our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public restrooms, etc.)
Restrictions: Inpatients and Long-Term Patients
Due to an increase in COVID-19 cases in St. Lawrence County, we are compelled to limit hospital visitation as of September 15, 2020.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older
- All visitors are required to be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival
- All visitors are expected to wear a mask at all times
- Visitors will maintain (6) feet social distancing from all visitors
- Visitors will adhere to the CFH ZERO TOLERANCE policy for bullying, harassment and/or abuse of hospital staff regarding these NYS mandated guidelines
- One (1) visitor per patient per day, during the hours of 1pm-5pm
- NO visitation is permitted for COVID-19 Patients Under Investigation (PUI), patients in quarantine nor patients confirmed to have COVID-19
Emergency Department Visitation:
- One (1) support person is permitted to wait in the Emergency waiting room as long as social distancing from others can be maintained.
- Support persons will NOT be allowed to accompany patient into the Emergency Department unless staff determine their presence is necessary to provide emergency care
- One (1) support person is permitted to wait in waiting room as long as social distancing between visitors can be maintained
- Support persons will NOT be allowed to accompany patient to their Outpatient appointment unless staff determine their presence is necessary to patient care.
**Please Note: CFH has the ability to change visitation rules and/or stop visitation appointments at any time based on the needs of the facility, or in response to increased COVID-19 cases**
- Limit two (2) family members at the bedside
- Must remain in the patient room at all times for the duration of the stay.
In line with our normal visitor guidelines, all visitors must be free of illness. If you have a sore throat, fever, runny nose, cough or other flu-like symptoms, please do not visit your loved ones. We encourage the loved ones of our patients to visit when they are well.
We need to limit groups in the hospital to minimize the spread of infections, and children often present the risk of spreading germs. If you have not yet received your influenza vaccine, Clifton-Fine Hospital is still encouraging community members to do so now.
We thank you for your cooperation and support as we look out for the safety of our patients, staff, and community.
What You Can Do to Help
We ask that if you are SICK with “Cold or Flu-like” symptoms, that you call us before coming to the Clinic or Emergency Department so we can give you the best and latest information and guidance.
We encourage all patients to contact our Resource Line. If you have questions or concerns or if you have symptoms of COVID-19, please call our new Community Resource line 24/7 at:
HOSPITAL ACCESS CHANGE
Effective 3/23/20 the Emergency Department Entrance Door will be locked at all times.
- The Clinic entrance will be the only access door into CFH. A Clifton-Fine staff member will greet you at this entrance M-F 8a-5pm. After 5pm and weekends, please press the Intercom Button and staff will meet you at the door and accompany you to the Emergency Department.
- Parking in front of the Clinic will be designated for Patients only.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid large public gatherings/large crowds
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces with products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency. The list of products approved can be found HERE.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with tissues
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time. If you have any further questions, please call 315-848-3351 or 315-848-5404. Thank you.