News & Events
Clifton-Fine Hospital Under Visitor Restrictions
The health and safety of our patients, families, and employees have always been our top priority. We would like you to know that we are continuously monitoring and assessing the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking important measures to keep our communities safe. With the recent developments around the COVID-19, we would like to share our strategy with you.
We are speaking to the CDC daily and updating our practices based on the CDC recommendations. Also, we have increased cleaning and disinfecting of our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.)
Restrictions: Inpatients and Long-Term Patients
Clifton-Fine Hospital is currently under visitor restrictions. These restrictions are in compliance with the New York State Department of Health as a precaution to prevent the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are pleased to announce a relaxation in our visitation policy for our inpatient and long-term care patients only. The policy is being adjusted based on the current health and safety guidelines set by the NYS Dept. of Health.
ALL VISITORS MUST SIGN IN AND OUT
• You will be asked the required screening questions.
• You will be required to provide the screeners your name and contact information.
• You will have your temperature taken.
• You will be given a visitor pass that you must wear at all times.
• You must wear a mask at all times.
• Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
• You must remain in patient’s room or designated visitation area at all times.
• Visitors must practice social distancing of 6 feet and avoid personal contact.
• Practice proper hand hygiene when entering the facility before entering the
patient room and on the exit of the patient room.
• Hand sanitizer is available in the main hallways and patient rooms for visitor use.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
Do not visit the hospital if you are sick or have had any ill symptoms within the last three
days, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever (or feeling feverish), an uncontrolled
cough, or a rash.
We take these extra precautions, as many other organizations have, in hopes they will stop the spread of illness.
Patients who have an appointment at Clifton-Fine Hospital’s primary care clinic, laboratory, radiology, and physical therapy or are visiting the Emergency Department may have 1 person with them if this person is essential to the care of the patient.
Patients who are under the age of 18:
- Limit one (1) parent or guardian
- Must remain in the patient room at all times for the duration of the hospital stay.
- Limit two (2) family members at the bedside
- Must remain in the patient room at all times for the duration of the stay.
In line with our normal visitor guidelines, all visitors must be free of illness. If you have a sore throat, fever, runny nose, cough or other flu-like symptoms, please do not visit your loved ones. We encourage the loved ones of our patients to visit when they are well.
We need to limit groups in the hospital to minimize the spread of infections, and children often present the risk of spreading germs. If you have not yet received your influenza vaccine, Clifton-Fine Hospital is still encouraging community members to do so now.
We thank you for your cooperation and support as we look out for the safety of our patients, staff, and community.
What You Can Do to Help
We ask that if you are SICK with “Cold or Flu-like” symptoms, that you call us before coming to the Clinic or Emergency Department so we can give you the best and latest information and guidance.
We encourage all patients to contact our Resource Line. If you have questions or concerns or if you have symptoms of COVID-19, please call our new Community Resource line 24/7 at:
HOSPITAL ACCESS CHANGE
Effective 3/23/20 the Emergency Department Entrance Door will be locked at all times.
- The Clinic entrance will be the only access door into CFH. A Clifton-Fine staff member will greet you at this entrance M-F 8a-5pm. After 5pm and weekends, please press the Intercom Button and staff will meet you at the door and accompany you to the Emergency Department.
- Parking in front of the Clinic will be designated for Patients only.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid large public gatherings/large crowds
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces with products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency. The list of products approved can be found HERE.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with tissues
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time. If you have any further questions, please call 315-848-3351 or 315-848-5404. Thank you.