Become a Festival of Trees Decorator
Celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas with the Watertown Family YMCA and the Samaritan Medical Center Foundation at A North Country Festival of Trees!
As a tree decorator, your designs will create holiday magic and bring the Festival to life. Join our efforts to make this holiday season a special one for our community.
Adherence to the NYS Department of Health Safety Guidelines will be required by all those participating in this year’s events.
A panel of judges will select the 4’ and 7’ winning trees in each category, and present special decorator awards. The categories are:
- Jim Henry Most Whimsical: In memory of former tree decorator extraordinaire, Jim Henry, this award recognizes the tree which displays the most whimsy and humor.
- Best Use of Theme: Recognizes the tree which most fittingly represents this year’s Festival theme of the “12 Days of Christmas.”
- Most Traditional: Awarded to the tree that best characterizes the traditions of Christmas.
- Most Innovative: Awarded to the tree that has the most unusual and unique use of materials and tree design.
- Most Elegant: Recognizes the tree with the most ornate and sophisticated use of ornaments and decorations.
- Judge’s Choice: Awarded to the tree that the judges feel is deserving of special recognition (not fitting in to the above categories).
- People’s Choice Award: Recognizes the tree that receives the most votes from the community.
As a Decorator, you will receive:
- Choice of a 4’ or 7‘ artificial tree
- White tree lights
- 8’ x 8‘ space for tree and other decor
- Your name and tree decoration theme listed in event program
- Signage with your name and tree theme
Decorations for the trees should be considered a donation to A North Country Festival of Trees. Each decorated tree will be priced for the public to purchase, thus raising money for the charities.
Decorator Guidelines and Award Categories — Coming Soon, Stay Tuned!
Decorator Cost Estimate Description